It is one of the landmarks in the history of the mighty steel industry, which provided employment and livelihoods for many generations of residents of Katowice up until not so long ago. The Zinc Rolling Mill was built in 1904 near Huta Bernhard (Bernhard Steelworks) and the railway line from Szopienice to Siemianowice. This was a good location as the railway was used for the supply of raw materials and the export of zinc sheet metal. The main hall of the Zinc Rolling Mill was 91 metres long and 20 metres wide, and the engine room had a length of 70 metres and a width of 6 metres.
|Empfohlene Aufenthaltsdauer:||1,5 Stunden|
|Dauer einer geführten Tour:||60 Minuten|
|Angebote für Kinder:|
|Besucherzentrum beim Objekt:||ja|
täglich 10.00-18.00 Uhr